“White glove” is a phrase used to describe excellence in care, service or attention. White glove delivery service is a method of shipping or receiving products that need more attention than regular parcels due to their size, value or fragility. White glove delivery experts are highly-trained and equipped with the ability to install and assemble your product on-site and use specialized equipment if necessary.
- Inspections: Some services offer pre and post site inspections before assembling the shipped product, in case special configuration is needed during set up.
- Protective packaging: White glove delivery services adhere to high standards that protect your package against damage by using premium packing materials like wooden crates, packing peanuts, styrofoam, movers wraps, bubble wrap, glass masks, cardboard and more. Steps are also taken to keep your shipment safe from movement during transport, as well as protection from moisture.
- Delicate handling: Your shipment is treated with top-level care throughout the entire packaging, shipping, delivery and set up process. Packagers and drivers are trained to handle your product’s unique needs and take all special considerations into account.
- Safe, clean transportation: Companies that provide white glove delivery services dispatch clean, safe shipping vehicles operated by trained professionals.
- Attentive service: White glove delivery service professionals are trained to deliver your shipment quickly and safely every time. A white glove delivery service member is typically available to answer any questions you have throughout your shipment, including feedback afterward.
The Benefits of White Glove Delivery Service
Why use white glove delivery services? When you work with a white glove delivery logistics team, you receive:
- Better customer service: With a white glove delivery service, customers are always the top priority. Eliminate the need for guesswork with scheduled, assured deliveries and a single point of contact.
- A lower chance of damage: White glove delivery employs packaging materials and temperature control technology to keep your shipment safe throughout processing and delivery.
- Peace of mind: For expensive and valuable products, white glove delivery offers you peace of mind that your shipment will be safe from damage or theft. Additionally, the shipment company takes care of all the logistics of your delivery, leaving you with the freedom to focus your energy elsewhere.
- Environmental consciousness: Scheduled deliveries— compared to traditional shipment methods, when multiple delivery attempts may be made for a single product — are better for the environment.
- Reliable service: White glove delivery eliminates the need to worry about missing, delayed or lost shipments. With trained professionals handling your cargo and providing regular updates and tracking information, you will know when your shipment is expected and where it is throughout each step of the process.
- Supply chain solutions: Automatically chooses a delivery company that offers supply chain solutions, including return management, cross-border services — like customs brokerage — automated shipping schedules, inventory management and more.